THE HIDDEN ARTISANS OF CRETE
- Duration: 6 Hours (approx.)
- Location: RETHYMNO, CRETE
- Product code: RETH DES
In Grand Reserve Travel we put together tour itineraries that you will find nowhere else. One of these unique tours of ours is the Hidden Artisans of Crete. As we and the Cretans love tradition, we devote our love and passion into not letting it fade and getting lost in the chaotic modern times; thus we created the Hidden Artisans Tour that will take you right to the heart of the authentic Crete.
Tastes that no one seems to cook anymore and professions, skills and crafts long forgotten are introduced to the participants of this tour in a journey back in time when things were simple yet amazingly fascinating!
Enjoy a day filled with the lost Cretan customs and flavors. Visit a scenic village and explore its hidden treasure. Continue your journey to the heart of Cretan cuisine by learning how to prepare Greek-style desserts at the beautiful house of a local chef, and discover an incredible pottery workshop committed to the craft of ancient designs.
- Tour around the scenic routes and villages of the Cretan mountains
- A walk in the fields and olive groves of the region, along with an introduction to the local flora
- Visit a traditional pottery workshop to learn the secrets of old craftsmanship
- Hands-on preparation of traditional Cretan desserts
- A delicious dessert picnic paired with home-made beverages
- Pick up & return luxury transfer
- Half or Full-day private tour with an experienced, local english speaking guide
- Private Chauffeured luxury service
- Personal expenses
- All Gratuities
- Tour starts at 10:00am
- Duration 6 hours approx.