CONNOISSEURS CHOICE - PRIVATE TOUR
- Duration: 5 Hours (approx.)
- Location: FIRA, THIRA
- Product code: CC PRIVATE
Welcome to the ultimate, in-depth wine adventure of Santorini. This is a tour for the connoisseur and discerning wine lovers, centered around rare fine wines from every corner of Greece.
Enjoy an exclusive private tasting of the most iconic Greek wines whith distinctive aromas and elegance. Your experienced wine expert will escort you to a boutique winery for a private tasting session of Greek vintage wines. He will then explain everything about the different grapes varieties and varietals, the conditions in which they grow, their origin (Northern Greece, Central Greece, Peloponnese, or Crete), how they perform in different climates, as well as the viticulture of each region.
The sommelier will unlock for you the vault of knowledge of the true connoisseur and provide you with in-depth information about the vinification techniques that develop the characteristic style of each variety. A mini-tutorial about the tasting notes and the basic steps in wine-tasting will prepare your palate for the unfolding of the senses that these wines command.
At the end you will have the opportunity to obtain for your collection unique wines from this exclusive winery’s private wine bank. You can choose to keep these treasured bottles or share them with your knowledgeable friends or wine travel mates. After all, is there any present more elegant and distinguished than a truly rare and unheard-of fine wine? This is your opportunity to become a true adept to the little-known world of Greek fine wines.
- Pick up & return luxury transfer
- A visit to a unique boutique winery
- Private entrance tour in the winery’s facilities and vineyards
- In-depth presentation of the most important Greek wine regions and Indigenous grape varieties
- Wine tasting tutorial
- Wine tasting of 10 different Greek fine wines, from every corner of the country
- Wine & Food pairing with gourmet local tastes
- Liability insurance & designated driver